- Arsenal 3-0 Wigan
- Van Persie Hatrick, he also missed a penalty, and Wigan’s Gary Caldwell was sent off
- Probably the most one-sided game ever. Even on Match of the Day there was not one wigan attack.
- Possession: Arsenal 58%-42% Wigan.
- Shots: Arsenal 23-3 Wigan. Plus I cant even remember Wigans shots
- Wigan goalie Al Habsi stopped the score from being embarrassing for Wigan, if it weren’t for him it would have been AT LEAST 6-0. Why do goalies always do against us?
- Van Persie ’21 : Good through ball from Song, beating the whole defence, outside of the box to RVP who slotted it past Al Habsi easily.
- Van Persie ’58 : Fantastic pass over the whole Wigan defence by Fabregas and a great sliding volley into the back of the net by RVP. Great Goal
- Van Persie Pen: Song through ball to Fabregas, who was taken out from behind in the box. Had to be a penalty and Caldwell was rightly sent off. RVP on his hatrick- blasted over.. bad penalty.
- Van Persie ’85: Another great through ball over the top by Cesc, met by Theo who ran it into the box, then shielded the ball for RVP to bang in near post.
- Schezney: 6 Nothing to do all game
- Sagna 7.5
- Djourou 7
- Koscielny 7
- Clichy 7.5
- Wilshere 7.5
- Song 7.5
- Fabregas 8
- Nasri 7.5
- Theo 6.5
- RVP 9 MOTM
- SUBS: Arshavin, Denilson, Chamakh
Good performance from Arsenal. We didn’t even really need to play that good being how bad Wigan were. They never looked like scoring, and 3-0 is more than a fair result for them. It really should have been 7-0 at least. RVP was great, and good to see his back to his best, and theres more to come.
Elsewhere in the league Man Utd thrashed Birmingham 5-0. Spurs were held at Newcastle for a point, 1-1. And Man City lost 1-0 to Villa thanks to £24million striker, Darren Bent. So now Man Utd are 2 points above us, with a game in hand. Man City are 1 point behind us, and we have a game in hand. Tottenham and Chelsea are both 8 points behind us, Chelsea having a game in hand.
Home Leg of Carling Cup to Ipswich this week were we NEED to win by at least 2 to progress to the final, followed by a nice easy cup game also at Emirates against Huddersfield.